Friday, February 10, 2012

More on The Cleverbot Visitor Swarm

One of the really strange things about writing online lately has been the plethora of visitors driven to my site in search of Cleverbot related content. It seems like a really odd trend to be popular, but I suppose it is driven by the boom in iPhone and Android apps, Cleverbot being a particularly cheap one. As a result of this, almost half my daily visitors are to less than 1% of my overall content.

The amazing thing is that this is nothing compared to the overall number of people searching for Cleverbot content, reaching into the 500,000 searches per month area which is just staggering. Unfortunately, though, one of my articles was ranked down quite dramatically by Google as a result of scrapers essentially 'stealing' my content. While the scrapers linked back, the excess of links basically became listed as 'junk links' and rendered the content suspicious which is a shame as it was one of my best performing articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment